India’s oldest cryptocurrency trading platform Unocoin has allowed its users to use bitcoins to buy Domino’s Pizza, Baskin Robin ice creams, coffee from Cafe Coffee Day, and other utilities from over 90 different brands by using Bitcoins. The Bengaluru-based startup said that a registered user of Unocoin could use bitcoin worth as little as INR 100 and as much as INR 5,000 to avail these vouchers from these brands.
“Bitcoin as a barter asset is being accepted and traded by millions of users worldwide. We want to educate the Indian audience about the multi-dimensional use of the cryptocurrency through this initiative,” Sathvik Vishwanath, Co-Founder & CEO of Unocoin, said.
“While there are tens of thousands of physical outlets and e-commerce portals accepting bitcoin as a mode of payment in the countries like the US, our country doesn’t have such acceptability yet. Our offering answers the popular question of where someone can spend bitcoin in India,” he added.
The trading platform provides its users with a diversified option of brands across sectors like travel, restaurants, lifestyle companies, clothes, accessories, hotels, and much more to use their Bitcoins as an alternative cash commodity.
Here are the steps to buy vouchers using Bitcoin:
- Login to your Unocoin account and go to the BTC page.
- Click on the ‘Shop’ option on the page. If you are using the Unocoin app, the Shop button can be found on the dashboard and in the More section.
- Select from over 90 plus brands, including Dominos, CCD, Baskin & Robbins, Himalaya, Prestige showed.
- After selecting the desired brand, a dropdown menu will come from multiple INR denominations to buy vouchers.
- The corresponding value of BTC will also be showcased.
- After paying the amount, the voucher code will be received by the user.
These e-vouchers can also be gifted by passing on the voucher information electronically or through printing it out and handing over the copy of the voucher.